SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Saw my neurologist and packed son off for his trip.


On Monday i had a busy day. My son John was going away till wednesday on an activity trip with his school and i was doing all my last minute checking he had everything packed then i had to double check it again before i felt satisfied. My mum and dad were coming down as my hospital appointment was at 12.30 and John had to be in school at this time, so they were taking him and waving him off.
I was meeting my husband at 12.15 so we could both go together for appointment. As we were making our way to hopsital time was disappearing and i just knew we were going to be late, the quick walk my husband said would take 5 minutes turned into a 15 minute march!! Arrived at hospital red faced and 5 minutes late but they were ok about it thankfully.
We didn't have to wait long before we were called in and i explained the new symptoms that my body was experiencing due to my MS. After a quick examination of my lower legs and arms joints he said to me your symptoms are a little weird (that just sums me up lol).
I have stiffness of joints aswell as muscles spasming when they feel like it . So i have been perscribed CARBAMAZEPINE , a very low dosage to start and increasing it over a matter weeks. I am also going to start injecting myself once a week with a product call ANOVEX. I will have to get myself sorted out over my fear of injections.
So all in all i feel good i didn't need to go onto steriods(which i am truly thankful about) and its onwards and upwards.

On a different note tonight is my weigh in at slimming world , i am prepared for a large gain as i only have myself to blame for eating all the wrong things. I am now focused and going to be a 100% on plan until christmas.
I will post later whether i have had a gain or loss so watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home