SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

How things change

Last night I was looking forward to watching a new series of wildlife programmes by David Attenborough, I so used to enjoy them when was younger - I remember vividly Life on Earth starting. Within ten minutes I switched it off it was full-on evolution and 'this was 1 million years old' etc.

It concentrated so much on this that I felt it lost the primary reason for the programme and that was investigating the animals themselves (life cycles etc).Then I had to remind myself that when I watched these programmes before(many years ago) I wasn't a Christian.

I never really saw these type of programmes as harmful until last night as all they do is deny God throughout. Yet another reminder on how my thoughts on things have changed and how I thanked the Lord last night for allowing me to know him as I do now.
Not going too far off topic, my son loves Dinosaurs so my husband found two great books on them , one called 'Dinosaurs by Design' by Duane T Gish,Gloria Clannin and Earl Snellenberger and the other 'Dinosaurs of Eden' by Ken Ham. They are wonderful and my son thinks they are awesome.

We can still have wonderful books on animals without evolutionary propaganda ruining them.We just have to be careful and watchful what our children read and watch.

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too was shocked when I watched a part of one of these recent bugs programmes. Something to do with may flies. It is not just your perception that has changed Mrs B, but the pro-evolution lobby is fighting back for the hearts and minds of the populace. There is a campaign being fought - I have noticed in the New Scientist - that we must accept evolution and that other views come from flat-earth types, science has moved on, we are liberated from all that old belief in God system and intelligent design is unscientific etc etc. I prefer to believe in God rather than man. He was there when He created - we weren't! The authors are humanist and anti God don't forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home