SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Weird sort of day

I suppose I hit an age today that's not quite 40 but past the thirties and really not anywhere!
Ermmm not sure if that made sense.
I hit the grand age of 36 and it feels odd.
Was pleasantly suprised that not one card mentioned my age which was great. I have been throughly spoilt starting with breakfast made by husband (son watching - safer that way) a beautiful footstool that matches my settee and curtain ( I am impressed husband!) and a lovely bouquet of flowers from my son. I have cards everywhere. I will not go into detail about what I had but suffice to say I will smell nice , will read well and my sisters have now accepted that I like pink i.e wrapping paper in pink, funky radio in pink etc etc...whoo hoo..

Changing the subject totally , last night all my ebay items ended. I had a huge clear out of clothes that no longer fit and I thought it best to sell them so I can never grow back into them... Logic huh..
I made 42 pounds if they all pay up. I will leave FB to sort out posting address details and I will do the hard work with packing and posting.

Changing the subject again as I do all too often (ask FB) ... I get my first delivery of Avonex tommorow (a drug used for my MS). I am feeling a little anxious about the self injecting which I will do once a week. I ask for prayer on this matter, I know the Lord will help me but I am but human and feel extremely nervous.

3 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

Interferon Beta, Avonex. 30mcg vial for reconstitution costs £174.25. How about that! I had an orthopaedic pt. who's bone growing drug cost £3000 a vial, Ouch!

Anyhoo, I'm assuming you have to do the reconstituting as well as injecting. You will be fine with the injections, it just takes a bit of time getting used to.

Do you know exactly what it does? ?to prevent demylination??

Don't worry about feeling old/odd it happens to all of us! Heck, I still feel like I'm 18 but that's a lie! I need to accept that I'm supposed to mature........

Hope you enjoyed the pinkness of it all.

Love nn XXXXXXXXXX

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Susanna said...

I too feel young but have to accept that I am no longer a 'young'person. Prayers for you and meds etc, AND HAPPY FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY AND WELL DONE MR FB FOR SPOILING YOUR WIFE.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Moomin said...

Hallo Mrs Baptist, Too late to make the phone call I meant to.... see how the day went. Glad to hear it sounded .. well pink anyway! You can do it - we hope and pray the medication makes a difference. Preventing demyelination sounds promising. Hope you enjoy the mags.
When can you visit.. we are buying a new double bed for visitors from the country?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home