SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My first ladies prayer meeting

Today was my first time to be able to to the ladies prayer meeting , i wasn't sure how it was going to be, but was very much looking forward to it.
A lovely christian friend picked me up at ten and on way we chatted on many issues and she reassured me that it was a relaxed atmostphere and you did not have to pray out loud if you didn't want to. Which put my mind to rest as praying out loud at this moment in time was what i didn;t want to do(maybe it my memory as im so forgetful, or i rush things, or the words just don't flow, or just lack of confidence)
We got there and tea , coffee and biscuits were at the ready, i was good and had a black coffee and no biscuits (weigh in tonight).
By this time i began to feel quite ill my head was thudding and i felt quite sick but i wasn't allowing this to ruin my morning. I said hello to all and they were all so pleased i had made it. Then Irene went through what happens for example what they had prayed for last month and answers to prayers and some suggestions on what to pray for.
We had a short reading and went into prayer.
It was really wonderful to hear the ladies praying and the tone in some voices really humbled me.
All in all it is something i aim to do on a regular basis and im thankful to the Lord for opening this door to me.

Some people may think why i am writing this but it is another step for me in church life.

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Susanna said...

No, I totally understand. Attending a meeting like that you can often feel that you ought to take part publicly rather than privately. But the Lord knows what is in your heart. I am glad you could go. The first few times I did actually pray out loud I was terrified! It is a great time for ladies to share in a way they otherwise may not and you can learn alot about people through these meetings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home