SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

31/01/06 Wiegh in....

Woohooo lost another 1 lb and got my two stone award, i have taken the scenic route on weight loss but i am getting there. FB lost 2 lbs and is catching up with me better get my skates on to stay ahead ( not if i am a competitive sort ..giggles).
In class i really try to encourage others and it shocks me how many cannot cook and live off packaged meals. Seems society today this is all to common, so i am on a mission to encourage others.
I am bringing in simple recipes to class for people to try and so far it seems to be working. I am by no means a brilliant cook but i am becoming more adventurous, FB does sometimes look at his plate and smiles nervously, i know he is thinking what on earth is she feeding me now.lol...

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Susanna said...

There were some lovely receipes in the last magazine. Have not yet perused the current one. How can people afford to live off ready meals?

Watch out, I'm on your tail. Only 3 lbs behind.....

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Moomin said...

I am so just not competing with you slimmers of the weeks and etc. But soon I will get my brain in gear and my mind focused and my exercise back on track and THEN oh yes, well then....we will see....

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Competition eh ...... he he he

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

Yo, try working the hours we do and see how attractive package meals and takeaways are!

Tescos do 5 for £3.50 and the lasagne is quite good! This is a new thing and not something I want to resort to much. I need to start cooking in bulk and freezing it instead.

Big up yourself for the weight loss sister. xxxx

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Packaged food has its place i agree, but so many just do not know how to cook, what a sad state to be in.
I hear people daily complaining they cannot afford to feed their families propaly and in a healthy manner.I agree it is more expensive to healthy eat but home cooked food is better on the purse in the end also many who complain especially in the school playing ground should re-think what they spend their money on for example cigerettes, booze and sky/cable etc. One person i know paid the internet bill of £200 so her husband could stay online all night every night, grrrr before feeding her family the complained she had no money!!
FB calls me the tupperware queen now (blushes) as i cook and freeze once a week, but i must remember to lable tubs its a bit of a suprise in freezer at moment lol!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home