SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Rain and more rain

It seems England is under a huge rain cloud, and flash floods are all around us, but when you look back in history it is no new thing. Concrete everywhere isn't helping with things, mini streams and rivers find their own path - whether it be a road, a garden or a house.

The news headlines tell us that people have lost everything. How we people put so much energy and importance into our worldly possessions!

It makes you sit back and re-evaluate things. As a Christian I try not to put trust/need in worldly things but it is a constant battle and I have a long way to go to let go of all things of this world. No matter how much I try I fail , but I will continue to battle.

How carefully we should look at ourselves and what we think of as important. One thing that is made very clear in the Bible is that we leave all worldly possessions behind in the world when we die. So why do I cleave to wordly things even though I know they are not important?

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger The Mom said...

I know what you mean. When technology breaks down here (not uncommon with 14 of us in the house) I can get so stressed, yet it is only "stuff" - and if the house burnt down, what would I reall miss?

The photo albums :-) Most things are replaceable. And even precious photos will one day be destroyed.

"We are worth everything money can't buy, and which death can't take from us"

Love
Henrietta

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

Strangers and pilgrims here below
This world, we know, is not our place
We hasten through this vale of woe
And, restless to behold Thy face,
Swift to our heavenly country move,
Our everlasting home above.
CHARLES WESLEY

Psalms and Hymns 624

 

Post a Comment

<< Home