SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tuesday's weigh in Night.......

Well weigh in has come.
I lost 2lbs so total 24 1/2 lbs so far so my blip has been erased. My husband lost 1/2 lb and was very disappointed by it.
He is definately on his road of depression and this result didn't help matters at all , infact we left class early because of it. I have to admit of not understanding depression but it seems to silently eat away at a person until there is nothing left. I will do my best to support him at this time but im really not sure how. I am struggling with life myself but i know the Lord is there to support us both, He is indeed my rock.

Tonight i will make sure my husband rests and relaxes i think at times i burden him with my needs and wants (how selfish i am at times) .

So tonight is the beginning of a new home regime.

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs Baptist,Thanks for telling me about your blog. I'll begin to think I ought to keep in touch by writing my own! I was really encouraged by Psalm 91 on Monday and love the Isaac Watts hymn P&H91(2)He who has made his refuge God Shall find a most secure abode,Shall walk al;l day beneath His shade, and there, at night, shall rest his head.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Susanna said...

Depression is very hard to unerstand. I don't think that those who have it truly understand it themselves. It can be very irrational and comes on quite suddenly. Sometimes things build up, other times it only take one thing to spark it off. One thing I know for sure, it is much worse when you are tired. JUst keep being there and loving him and listening, and don't be afraid to point out a few truths if you need to.This is what my beloved has to do for me. It has got better but at tiems is still quite crippling.

A wonderful hymn for times of trial is 'begone unbelief'
You both need each others support and help and care.....give him yours and remind him to give you his....and know that you are both loved and daily lifted to the throne of grace.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home