SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Exhaustion at a new level!!

On Friday my Wonderful husband had his 29th birthday (one more till 30!! he he). He had Thursday and Friday off work and we finished wallpapering the bedroom well FB did , I watched and helped cut paper. I really wasn't feeling 100 %, but I turned into an excited child when it was actually completed and my bargain charity shop curtains were hung that needed no alteration at all, made to measure could not have fitted better and at£4.00 what a bargain! The floor carpet tiles are also 3/4 completed. Whoopeee...

I went to bed feeling more tired than usual but just couldn't get off to sleep till about 3 am then I awoke at 5 am !! grrr vicious circle huh.Tiredness isn't unusual so Friday felt normal , until 5 pm I was overwhelmed by fatigue , nothing I had quite encountered before and by 6 I struggled to get John his tea and I had to go to bed. I led in bed and my whole body hurt. I tossed and turned to get comfortable , by 9 pm I felt a little better and got out of bed as I just could not sleep. Ever since I have felt very fragile , the slightest touch on my body feels like a punch..I have never felt fatigue like it and even now I do something I have to sit down, I feel totally wiped out.

Sunday came , and I rejoiced in yet another Lord's Day we have been given. My fatigue wasn't going to hinder my worship to my glorious King. I heard some quite moving sermons today even if the worship is a little alien to me ( a new church). Different doesn't mean its wrong I hasten to add , I had just been used to another church's ways.

The mornings reading was Mathew 17 v1-13 , the heading was 'Seeing Jesus as He is'.

This had three points:
1) The disciples saw the Majesty of Christ.
2) they saw something that is beyond.
3)They saw the coming Glory of Christ.

My main thought on this was we are just a moment away from Heaven as believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, the moment we die on this earth we are Heaven , what a wonderful and awesome thing to look forward to.

At 5pm we returned to the church for tea and cake and good time to meet more people and have some well-needed Christian fellowship.

The evening's reading was Matthew 8 v18-34 - In fact the sermon was based on the whole chapter under the heading...

What kind of Man is this? Six points were made:

1)The man who brings cleansing(v1-4)
2)The Man who brings healing(v5-13)
3)The man who brings respect(v14-17)
4)The Man who brings life.(17-22)
5)The man who brings peace(23-27)
6)The man who brings freedom(28-34)

I came home refuelled and ready for the week ahead..Our mighty God always knows what we need .I might be exhausted but I am ready for the week ahead spiritually.

3 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

I'm glad you are finding the fellowship there useful. Keep praying that the Lord will guide you to where you both should be XX

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

Here's a good yardstick Mrs B:
Worship is Words.
Beware of wordly entertainment - the thin end of the wedge it is!
Sorry to hear about the peripheral nerves giving you such trouble - I suppose a hug won't be in order?
A hug wish is sent instead. Philippians 4 v 6,7: "Be careful for nothing: but by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Clare said...

Yes, worship is words, and that is what the church (and minister) believes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home