SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wow what a week

Well the Easter holidays have offically ended as my son went back to school today.
A mixed bag of a fortnight.
Last wednesday I lost my filling , which exposed my nerve , ouchie ouch ouch!! So thursday I went to dentist. I explained the tooth in question had already been filled atleast 3 times and I wanted it taken out. She was lovely dentist (yes they are out there), and tried to persuade me to have a root canal filling and a crown ,but still couldn't definately say it will stay put so out it came. Took awhile though , the numbing injection would not work , took three injections!!! All went well and off home I went. My jaw and teeth either side still hurt today and its tuesday! Oh well.
We went to a Good Friday service at Eastcombe followed by food and fellowship. The cross was preached , was a wonderful and stirring message. One thing that really sticks in my mind is during the sermon the preacher spoke about a little boy and his father , the father asked , son do you know what the cross means? and the boy replied a stairway to Heaven , what a wonderful answer , the boy was only 4!
The weekend was filled with seeing my family my Dad has reached the grand age of 60! We went for dinner on saturday , lunch on Sunday after the church service, and lunch for Monday as his Birthday was actually on monday. Both my sisters were there with their husbands and children.
I have two sisters both younger than me and no brothers , and so far all my parents grandchildren are boys , John, Jake and Jack (yes it gets confusing! lol). It was a lovely time with lovely food , really great to all get together. We gave dad a hot air balloon gift form us girls and the grand children did him a mixed bag of goodies. Happy Birthday Dad xxx
Sunday Easter service was lovely, I went to a church that I have never been before and myself and my husband went to it again in the evening. A great message was preached in the evening about looking forward to our home in Eternal home in Heaven aswell as looking back to the Cross.
Now its tuesday , son at school , husband at work and house looking like it should atlast!!

Regarding my MS , I haven't been to well .Consyant leg shaking (more so in bed!) and not being able to sleep.But I always get their. Well enough for now.

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Susanna said...

Praying for you! Glad you had a blessed Easter time despite all.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

Dear Mrs Baptist,
Sorry about the tremor. There is a National Tremor Foundation that I have joined one of our ladies to - to encourage her a bit - both hands shake and life is very very frustrating.
ET - essential tremor (not an alien)- but yours is an MS tremor so I suppose is different.
www.tremor.org.uk
Have a look - at least you can sympathise!
Carry on shining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home