SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

How Great our God Is

Sliimming World
Well - went to slimming class prepared for FB and myself to gain , well I gained 1/2 pound and was very happy about that but FB lost 1 1/2 lbs , I wonder how he gets away with such things?
So im back to 2 stone 6 lbs loss , so back to plan with haste as I planned to lose 2 1/2 stone before wedding which is Saturday week away...

SCHOOL LATEST
FB wrote to the Gloucestershire Echo about the last meeting and it was published yesterday and the school are raving about it. Every bit of publicity is needed in our battle. Next Tuesday we have another protest but more of a march this time around the local area which is the heart of the community. Local tabloids and radio stations have been invited.

Life's Trials
I cannot go into detail but life has been really hard at church and I ask for much prayer in this matter , it has made FB ill with stress but he has found peace with God in our direction recently, I thank the Lord for his love and guidance in this matter. I feel the next couple of weeks it will draw to a conclusion.

MS latest
I am having ups and downs recently. It is mentally and physically draining at times , but character building. I have prayed much on this matter.

The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth;
and with my song will I praise him.
(Psalm 28:7 )

So, why can I not trust Him with the future?
Why do I constantly question His path?
Because I am a sinful human being.
Oh I say 'life is so hard this is so unfair' , I must constantly remind myself of my home to come in Heaven , then everything seems so little, doesn't it.
I have such a mighty God that loves me , yes an individual such as myself.
Why do we feel our earthly time is so important, when it is so small in time compared with eternity in Heaven, with our Lord God.
Makes you think how small we are in this universe , but our God takes time to know us as individuals , he loves us, guides us , we all have a path already planned out , why do we moan , (shakes head).

I must pray and thank the Lord more, and when I have a problem come to God about it and trust in him totally , then I will find peace with whatever troubles me.

We did this with our church matter and our prayer was answered so I must do this with my health matters.

3 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Susanna said...

O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.......what is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man that thou visitest him?

Psalm 8 v 1, 3 and 4

It is so hard to see through lfes trials....and yet we have an almighty God who knows exactly where He is leading us and who delights to bless us. We ALL need to have more faith and trust...you are not alone.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

I thank the Lord that He found you and that FB did too. That you can support each other through all life's storms.

On a lighter note the 'heavier' individual always finds it easier to loose weight despite 'naughty' nibbling! :)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

Dear Mrs Baptist
Thanks for saying how you feel. We continue to pray for you -in every sphere of your interesting lives.
I found Ps 116 very encouraging this morning and just turning to the hymns based around it:

I love the Lord Who heard my cry
And granted my request;
In Him who hears and answers prayer
My trust through life shall rest.

With deadly sorrows compassed round,
My heart was full of grief;
Then to the Lord I made my prayer,
That He would send relief.

The Lord is just and merciful,
And gracious to the meek;
He saved me when I cried to Him,
Though I was poor and weak.

Return unto your rest, my soul,
No longer troubled be.
The Lord's sustaining love has dealt
Most graciously with me.

Before my Saviour I will live;
From death He saved my soul,
My eyes from tears, my feet from falls,
And He has made me whole.

In my affliction , this I found,
That human help deceived;
But ever faithful was the Lord
In whom my soul believed.

The Psalter 1912
Psalms & Hymns 116 (1)

Hold on - either by the hands.. or the fingers.. or the finger nails .. or the eyelashes .. but just hold on.

Much love from The Moomin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home