SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Saturday, March 04, 2006

I wanted to share my Testimony today ..

Today i felt drawn in reading my Testimony again and it brought tears of joy to my eyes. I would like to share it with anyone that reads my blog.


This is my testimony that I read before all those who witnessed my baptism at Providence Chapel, Cheltenham on 9th March 2003:


My Testimony – Clare Hunt


I have always asked questions of those around me, and throughout my life I sought meaning and purpose in many shapes and forms. I followed different fads almost year by year – but nothing ever lasted because nothing I tried could satisfy me, and my questions were never fully answered.
In early 2002 I had the opportunity to ask questions about Biblical Christianity, and I asked until I had no questions left! To my surprise every question I put met with an answer that I could understand. This was the first time that I had ever been convinced by the replies of people who called themselves a Christian.
I began to read the Bible, and many useful booklets that were sent to me. I listened to evangelistic messages from the Metropolitan Tabernacle on cassette.
I began to pray for the first time in my life – and I felt an increasing conviction of my need for forgiveness of sin.
I remember that in the past I was afraid of church, and I believed in the importance of rites and ceremonies. I believed that I could never be accepted by the Lord because of the things that I had done and said. I came to see that I could be accepted – not because of who I was, but because of what the Lord Jesus Christ did for me on Calvary’s Cross. I saw for the first time that I had to come to him exactly as I was.
On the 24th February 2002 I was brought to the point where I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Saviour, and asked Him to forgive all my sin. I was filled with an instant sense that I was forgiven, and a weight seemed to be lifted from my shoulders. I thanked the Lord again and again for His great kindness to me.
I felt for the first time a great courage that has changed my life ever since. I have lost some friends, but gained many more, and I have found a new life that has truly satisfied me in a way that all I had experienced before could not.
The Sunday after I was saved I first came to Providence Chapel, and I heard a stirring message urging me to seek and find the Lord. Instead of feeling guilt and concern about my past life and my sin, I felt nothing but joy and peace in believing - as the new life that I was urged to seek was already mine!
One year on, I have never felt so certain about my life and my future, and I have never felt so sure of God’s grace and His great salvation.

5 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Susanna said...

Hello sister in Christ (and law) of mine. Thank you for sharing that again. It is humbling and a real blessing to see the work of God in the lives of those He brings to saving grace. Do you mind if i link your blog/ recommend it to some other Christian ladies I read?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Moomin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Moomin said...

Dear Mrs Baptist,
I've just checked my spelling and republished this!
Your testimony is exactly what you needed to read again after your mixed bag of a week. Hallelujah! What a Saviour! Thank you for the reminder.
The last verse of the hymn just quoted in your last posting is:
"Were half the breath thus vainly spent
To Heaven in supplication sent,
Our cheerful song would oftener be,
'Hear what the Lord has done for me.'" William Cowper v6 (Psalms & Hymns 698)
Carry on Mrs Baptist!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Sure you can susanna , but i am not sure i have a worthy blog to share with your Christian sisters.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

Mrs B you are an example to us all, believe. You and Mr B's continued faithfullness through trials is wonderful and we continue to pray for you both.X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home