SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Friday, November 09, 2007

Wheelchair assesment

Today we went down to local independent living site , for me to be assessed if I needed a wheelchair. The whole process took about an hour , I even had a test drive in one.
The wheelchair is made to fit as perfect as possible. All being pocessed now and should be with us within 3 months. I am so thankful to the Lord guiding me in the right direction.
Also I bumped into the housing allocator and she said we just dont have the points to be rehomed, she advised me to get ot , Dr and neurologist writings letters to help my case.
I know had the bit between teeth and phoned the housing option team (they allocate points etc).
I spoke to a friendly person who said I was just reading your notes how spooky (thankyou Lord). She says we should be an urgent case and have more points and is doing a home visit on tuesday and talk to me one to one,
I do ask for prayers for this matter as moving or even just been offered a property that wheelchair friendly is always a hard thing to do, but we have had so much blessing recently I am so Thankful to the Lord. In his hands I leave this matter and trust in Him completely.

Clare

9 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Phillip M. Way said...

we praise the Lord for His provisions and will continue to pray with you for even more mercies in your time of need!

pastor (and mrs) way

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

How did the meeting go? X

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Well today I had meeting with housing options team. They are the ones who allocate points.
The housing is based on a points sytem and as you go up list your chances of being offered something increase.
Today I felt went well. the lady assessed me and said living on a first floor is not suitable and we would be moved.
She is going to speak to her boss on which way to approach it , whether to allocate us points of make us homeles( dont panick it means housing usuitable and have to move for welfare reasons), either will be a move in the right direction. I must pray about it and the Lord will guide us. I ask for prayers for us as a move is going to be difficult finacially and physically.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger dp23 said...

Praying that the Lord will soon open up the way for you, and make His provision and direction clear.

Love to you both (well, all three of course!) from us both

David

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

Outlaws can be very useful to help with moving etc etc - let us know if we can put our shoulders to the wheel.
Here is one of the promises I read today: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee; yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41.10 which is well put by 'K' in:

'Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed;
I, I am thy God, and will still give thee aid:
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

4:05 AM

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

Just as well I rang the Thistle to confirm booking as the 2 'failed attempts' online had actually worked so I had booked 3 rooms instead of one, ouch! Silly website. XX

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Clare said...

yikes

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

Hallo nuttynurse, I did that too during the summer and, just to make sure made the phone call with a similar discovery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home