SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A verse that has really helped me recently

Proverbs is a book I regularly go through as it is simple and it helps me so much with my daily life. A verse that has really helped in recent times and I would like to share with you is:
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.
This verse has stuck in my mind during recent times and has helped me to know when to speak and when to listen. If you knew me you would understand that at times I cannot stop talking and I forget to listen and learn.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

You ain't the first and you certainly won't be the last. I love proverbs! So much wisdom imparted and help to avoid being a prating fool!!!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Moomin said...

A time to speak .. and a time to refrain from speaking ... oh for such wisdom ...

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger dp23 said...

Nothing to do with Proverbs - but having commented on Mr B's blog I thought I should comment on yours too - HAPPY (belated) ANNIVERSARY! May the Lord bless you in your walk with Him in the coming year -and indeed always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home