SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Delivery of copoxone

I have just recieved my delivery of copoxone and just awaiting till the 2nd April for my injection training and see if I react to it.
I should be ok with the injection side as it come with an auto-inject which will really help me with injecting. If I can inject avonex(intra muscular) I can deal with a tiny needle which this drug uses. I am feeling reasonably comfortable about it.
I have recieved 3 months of injections and they all have to be stored in refrigerator (quite bulky) and I got a welcome pack which has heaps of information , carry case and cool bag.

Keep you posted..

2 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

Does the MS nurse do the injection training? At home? What kind of a reaction might you get? Questions, questions...

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Clare said...

I go the MS nurse on wednesday for training. Many get a lot of site reaction but you can live with that as people do not see those places.
Also some people just forget how to safely inject , so its a refresher course for me. Getting into routine for daily jabs will be my main concern as I am so forgetful!
Side effects are the same as other drugs I use so looking out for rash, sore and swollen site reactions, fever, fainting etc .I try not to over read side effects otherwise I would never do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home