SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Simplicity

I am far from being a great debator, far from being a scholar , I do not read enough (but I do have medical reasons for lack of concentration- ok an excuse..), I am moderately educated, so in life in general things I see and do things simply.

Putting my trust in the Lord Jesus Christ was simple for me .
I had my eyes opened and the word became clear. I know what I believe and what I do not in very basic terms. I see things in black and white , some may say it as a child may see things. Are we not as believers children of a Our Almighty God and being so should remember being saved is simple , living a Christian life is more difficult in these wordly times but keeping things simple uncomplicates things.
Keeping the gospel simple to new Christian's and non believers is the best tool we have .
I have sat in some sermons that were so complicated I left feeling confused and trying to figure out the message that was suppossed to been proclaimed.
Do not get me wrong we all need to learn and we are all at different levels but is there not a place for more in depth study maybe a bible study even etc.

I am not saying people with knowledge should not stand up against things, but I do feel with some it is a waste of energy debating something to somone who's mind is closed and will never listen , should we not direct our energies in other matters.

We all to often see wordly men getting pleasure in over complicating things making themselves look superior and getting pleasure in belittleing others.

For me I keep things simple.

5 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Moomin said...

The Gospel can be understood by a child - many trust in the Lord when quite young.
There is milk for the young in faith and meat for those who are grown on a bit.
There is a growing up in the faith, but always a reminder that the Gospel is the corner stone - it's the Saviour punished as our substitute, on the cross that sets us free. And the Lord's Supper always brings us back to remember and thank Him for that wonderful atoning sacrifice.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger nuttynurse said...

Pray tell what prompted this blog?

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Nowt lol

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Clare said...

It was probably a comment I made at some point...

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Susanna said...

'Tell me the story simply, as to a little child'
words form one of the verses of tell me the old old story.

Sadly many 'hide' the gospel in their supposed gospel services. I think we have too high an expectation on an unbelievers understanding of basic salvation and gospel truths. We are 2nd, maybe even 3rd generation of un-churched people

 

Post a Comment

<< Home