SlimmingWhirled and stuff

A Christian mother's notes on her battle with weight, MS, and life in general. With a generous helping of optimism and craft-work!

Friday, April 04, 2008

suprised at ease of injection.

On Wednesday I went in for training for self injecting with MS nurse. I was imformed of side effects one including tightness of chest and palpatations yikes!
I injected myself with ease and it didnt even hurt! Except afterwards where you get a sting like feeling for about half an hour and a swelling on injection site, which so far has gone down within a few hours.
I didn't even feel needle go in ! I was really suprised and it removed all my anxiety and fears over needles.
I use an auto injector which really does make think easier and you do not see needle go in which is half of battle won ( for me that is).
It is a daily injection, syringes come pre-filled and I store in fridge and get out well before I inject myself as it is important to be room temperature.
It will take about 7 months for medication to start doing its work, but I feel confident and well at moment (well for me is not being in bed!).
I am so thankful for medication like this to be widely available in this country and I pray that more people will be more thankful for our health services , which do a great job in a sometimes unthankful enviroment.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Moomin said...

Glad to hear that the injection itself is not a problem. Agree with you that we often forget to be grateful for the health service we have - a friend last year who had a terminal disease was so impressed with the help he had in his illness. He reminded me that in his country of origin you have to pay for all treatment - and, of course, it is well outside the price range for most people to be able to afford it.

Here's a hymn verse for every day:

Thou my daily task shalt give,
Day by day to Thee I'll live;
So shall added years fulfil,
Not my own, but Thy good will.

(It's by Josiah Condor, v2 of LORD, my times are in Thy hand.. P&H 531)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home